Master of Public Health (MPH) in Community and Behavioral Health Sciences; B.A. in Sociology, Public Health; Minor in Demography; CPS II – Certified Prevention Specialist, University of Colorado-Denver
Joined Full Circle: 2017
- Stephanie has worked in systems change and prevention in Colorado for over a decade with a focus on trauma-informed practices – increasing resiliency and decreasing risk behaviors among youth. Stephanie has partnered with school and community leaders around the state to build data-driven multi-tiered systems of support to shift school/organizational culture toward inclusive and safe environments. Her passion is rooted in social/racial justice and believes in the power of community voice.
- Stephanie grew up moving back and forth between Australia and California with her mother Peta from Perth, Australia, her father Tim from San Francisco, California, and her brother Josh who currently resides in northern California. Stephanie lives in Leadville with her partner, Noah, and her pups Tyson & Tika.
- Stephanie spends as much of her time as possible traveling and being outside – she love backpacking, paddle boarding, skiing/snowboarding, hiking with her pup, and swimming wherever she can find water. If she’s not outside, she’s usually geeking out over board games.
Favorite quote: “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change; I am changing the things I cannot accept” – Angela Davis
Stephanie can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A. Psychology, Adams State College
Joined Full Circle: 1998
- Bill has been working with youth at Full Circle for eighteen years now. He has experienced many, many activities with all ages of youth and his brain has turned into Jell-O but the kids seem to like him better that way.
- Bill has a beautiful wife, Renee Nelson (Raiders fan or fan of anyone who plays the Broncos). She has tolerated all his time spent away on trips with kids and late night gigs DJing the newest event. She is a wonderful woman who loves to give Bill crap about how he does not work but still gets paid for it! Bill and Renee have two sons. Billy Nelson (Raiders fan), is 20 years old and in college. He loves the outdoors and doing anything with the family. He is also determined that the Raiders will someday win the Super bowl again. Hunter Nelson (Raiders) is graduating from Lake County High School this year. He enjoys playing high school football. He is interested in becoming an electrician. He loves to hang out with his older brother and being with the family. He is one wild and crazy kid who seems to be the actor of the family.
- Bill loves hiking, fishing, hunting, camping, music, snowboarding, football (Minnesota Vikings fan), among many other things- It just depends on the day and how much money he DOESN’T have in his pocket.
Favorite Quotes: “I spilled spot remover on my dog, now he’s gone” – Steven Wright
“It is not my problem, it maybe my fault, but it is definitely not my problem.” – KASF quote
“All I know is… I know nothing.” – I don’t know “Be excellent to each other and party on dudes!” – Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Bill can be contacted at: email@example.com
Joined Full Circle: 2016
- Lisa has always had a passion with working with numbers. This passion only grew once she took her first accounting class and decided that’s what she wanted to do. She has been a bookkeeper for over 16 years.
- Lisa was born and raised in Leadville, She is married to her loving husband Gary and has two wonderful daughters named Breanna and Brittnie.
- Lisa loves spending time with her family and taking vacations by the beach in Cancun. She also loves taking road trips to different states.
Favorite Quote: “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
Lisa can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A. in French and Political Science with a minor in Math from Loyola University Maryland
Joined Full Circle: 2017
- Jenny has worked in the field of outdoor education for 6 years with both Loyola University Maryland’s Outdoor Adventure Experience program and with the Colorado Outward Bound School (COBS). She has also worked with youth in after-school programs both back in Baltimore and here in Leadville. She is currently in her second year at COBS and as a substitute teacher in Lake County Schools.
- Jenny has two amazing parents, two older sisters, and a younger brother. She comes from Baltimore, MD originally, but her family has since spread all over with her oldest sister in New York City, a sister and brother in different parts of Maryland, and her parents in Hendersonville, NC. She misses her family a lot, but loves Leadville too much to leave it anytime soon!
- Jenny loves to hike, climb rocks & mountains, ski, practice yoga, and dance. She also really enjoys waking up early, listening to NPR and podcasts, and drinking coffee.
Favorite Quote: “We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home.” – George Washington Sears
Jenny can be contacted at: email@example.com
B.S. Sports Management, minor in Outdoor Recreation and Education, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Joined Full Circle: 2017
- Paige studied Sports Management with a minor in Outdoor Recreation and Education at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. Although she considers Minneapolis her “home away from home,” Paige’s love for travel influenced her move to Leadville. She loves returning to the vibes of a small town and being able to know her neighbors. So if you see her around town, stop to say hello and to give her a hug! (She loves hugs!!)
- Paige is originally a small town Iowa girl. Her parents and sister/brother-in-law still live in Iowa but frequently come out to visit Paige.
- Paige loves hiking, snowshoeing, kayaking, playing cards, and most importantly – making people smile.
Favorite Quote: “Until you’re ready to look foolish, you’ll never have the possibility of being great.” – Cher
Paige can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joined Full Circle: 2007
- Makali has many years experience working with youth as a soccer coach, parapro at Lake County Middle School and Full Circle Volunteer Mentor. He served in Alabama National Guard from 1999-2006 including 10months in Tikrit, Iraq as a Communications Specialist.
- Makali has a big family – the whole extended Beck Clan from Alabama to Leadville, as well as his mother and sister in Alabama.
- Makali loves soccer, Tennessee Volunteer Football, Fishing, Skiing and living the Good Life in Leadville
Favorite Quote: “You need snack. I can get you snack.” —Makali Beck
Makali can be contacted at: email@example.com
Joined Full Circle: 2015
- Karla has lived in Colorado for 22 years. She arrived in Leadville in December of 1994 from Santa Barbara Chihuahau, Mexico, also a small mining town like Leadville. Karla graduated from High School in Leadville in 2000. Spanish is Karla’s first language so it was here at Leadville High School where she learned English. Karla was always worried about speaking English and having an accent, therefore she was very quiet in class and would only befriend Spanish speaking friends. After high school, she moved to Summit County. However, after starting her own family she felt that Summit County did not have the same community feel that Leadville did when she was growing up.
- Karla has three beautiful daughters. Mariana is 10 years old, Maya is 8 years old and Monique is 3 years old.
- During her last year of high school, Karla was part of Full Circle’s peer counselors group, which gave her a sense of hope and inclusiveness. Being a part of Full Circle gave Karla opportunities that she would not have previously had, like attending college because was illegal. She realized that she could make a difference by being bilingual, by simply holding the key to help people communicate with each other. Karla now feels very honored to now be part of Full Circle as an employee.
Associates of Art and Fine Arts, Bachelors of Art in Elementary Education (In-progress)
Joined Full Circle: 2018
- Haley comes to Full Circlehaving recently worked with for Rocky Mountain Youth Corps (RMYC) for the last three summers and two falls. RMYC is a non-profit conservation corps ran out of Steamboat Springs that serves nearly all of Colorado and parts of Utah/Wyoming as well. Her focus was leading youth ages 11-18 in conservation work and fun times throughout Colorado including Rifle, Meeker, and Leadville.. Haley cherishes relationships that youth-work allows her to create and cultivate.
- She grew up right outside St. Louis, MO in a historic town called Alton, IL but has been living in historic Leadville for almost three years (and loving it.). Haley is obsessed with her family, which includes two amazingly supportive parents, two intelligent and creative brothers, the funniest and most generous older sister anyone could ever ask for, and the sweetest nephew.
- Favorite things to do for Haley are to laugh, crochet, tell stories around a fire, do all the crafts, eat good food, play board games, have dance parties, and have movie marathons (snacks and blankets included). Outdoor-wise Haley loves hiking, snowboarding, camping, hanging out in or around large or small bodies of water, hula hooping, and picnicking.
“A person’s a person, no matter how small.” – Dr. Seuss
“And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.” – William Shakespeare
“I love asking kids what they want to be when they grow up because I’m still looking for ideas.” – Unknown
Haley can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A. in Business Administration & Marketing, University of Oregon.
Joined Full Circle in 2018
- Lauren’s educational background is in business; however, after graduating from college she joined the Peace Corps in Nicaragua to teach entrepreneurship in local high schools. After two and a half years of teaching in Nicaragua, she came back to the U.S. and worked for a non-profit international exchange program. She then returned to the classroom and taught high school Spanish in Denver for two years. Lauren’s passions are rooted in creating educational opportunities for all people, especially improving access through language and cultural education.
- Lauren grew up in southern California, moved to Oregon for college, then to Nicaragua for Peace Corps, then to Salt lake City, then to Denver, and now Leadville! Lauren moved to Leadville to be closer to her sister, Taryn, her brother-in-law, Bill, and their dog Toby. She is most excited to become an aunt for the first time this December!
- In her free time, Lauren loves to be in the outdoors hiking, biking, skiing, backpacking, or just admiring nature. She loves traveling both nationally and internationally; she has visited 20 U.S. states and 21 countries. You may also likely find Lauren dancing her heart out to any kind of music or dressed up in colorful garb from her grand collection of costumes.
Joined Full Circle: 2018
- Erica joined Full Circle in April 2018 as our Program Assistant. She assists program coordinators run afterschool and parent-support programs. Erica was born in California but spent much of her childhood in and around Lake County.
- She spent time in Full Circle’s programs as a youth participant and she is excited to be on the Full Circle team and give back to youth by being a strong role model.
- Erica currently lives in Leadville and is married and a mom to 4 kids (2 boys, 2 girls) and has a dog named Kimbo.
- Erica loves cooking, baking, and considers herself a “clean freak”. Her favorite colors are blue and black. She loves movies and music, especially any movie featuring Johnny Depp, and loves to ski (a skill she learned through Full Circle!)
- Christian has been living in Leadville since he was born in 1999. Christian has experience with the program as an attendee, being a part of it since 2010. He has also had experienced working with the youth, being a tutor for one of the after school programs for a semester.
- Christian has two younger brothers and one younger sister. His siblings all attend school here, his sister at the high school and his two brothers at the middle school. He also has a dog who is 4 years old who is basically his child.
- Christian enjoys both the internet world and the real world. He loves biking, hiking, snowboarding, camping, soccer, playing with his dog and exercising. Christian also loves playing video games, DJing, consuming social media, and staring at random data